Onsite Dual Citizenship Services
Applying at a Consulate — $90.00 per hour plus expenses, a $900 retainer is required to begin.
Applying in Italy at a Town Hall (“FAST TRACK” Application Process) - $6,500 flat fee. Lo Schiavo Genealogica works in partnership with Bella Italia Genealogy to provide this expedited way to reclaim your Italian citizenship! No longer will you have to wait years for a consulate appointment!
Half of the fee is due at the beginning of the project and the other half is due when you are onsite in Italy for your citizenship process.
The fee includes:
• The procurement of private, un-shared accommodations in Italy for the two-week period that you need to be present in Italy. These accommodations will be in one of the towns that is within the Provider’s Citizenship Network, all of which are within the Benevento, Salerno, or Avellino provinces;
• The procurement and apostilling of all documents necessary for your dual citizenship application. This includes all document and apostille fees and may include genealogical research. If legal assistance is required to amend a vital record for consistency, then any legal or court fees are the Client’s responsibility;
• The translation of documents necessary for such Italian dual citizenship application and certification of such;
• The filing of temporary residency in Italy;
• The actual application for dual citizenship;
• Accompaniment during all meetings with Italian officials;
• Interpreting (English <> Italian) during all meetings with Italian officials.
Airfare, food, and any other items are not included. Additional family members wishing to apply at the same time and in the same town can be accommodated for a modest additional fee ($500 per adult).
I am the only board-certified genealogist offering this service. How does that benefit you in your quest for citizenship? It means that I have proven expertise in the field of genealogy, which can be useful when acquiring the necessary documentation and locating hard-to-find documents. Additionally, as a part of my board-certification, I abide by a Code of Ethics and Conduct. See the website of the Board for Certification of Genealogists for more information.
Disclaimer: We work only with the Italian towns that we have a relationship with. The client cannot choose the town in which the application is processed.
If you are interested, please email the specifics of your ancestry to Melanie@holtzresearch.com and what dates you are available to spend two weeks in Italy. We will get back to you within 48 hours to discuss your application!
If you are preparing your own application for submission at a consulate, I suggest you purchase the course below that was offered through the Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research. This course will give you a solid overview of the process and the Italian nationality laws that may affect your application!