FEE SCHEDULE FOR IN-ITALY CITIZENSHIP SERVICES
The fee schedule below details the services offered by Lo Schiavo Genealogica in relation to in-Italy Italian citizenship applications via jus sanguinis.
CITTADINANZA COMPLETO PACKAGE
The fee for presenting your onsite application is as follows and includes those services detailed below. Lo Schiavo Genealogica shall render the following services, intended to cover one complete in-Italy application for Italian citizenship via jus sanguinis:
- The procurement of private, un-shared accommodations in Italy for six months so that you may establish residency, as required by Italian nationality law. Lo Schiavo Genealogica will pay the rent for the first 3 months of your citizenship process, as well as the security deposit (usually 3 months rent). You will be required to pay the rent for the remaining time of your residency in Italy. You must be present in the Comune [Italian town of application] for at least 90 days, in order to establish residency and file your citizenship paperwork. Your citizenship application cannot be filed until your residency is granted and you have a letter from the Comune stating such. After the first 90 days, you are free to come and go as you please but your official residency must remain in the town of application until your citizenship process is complete. It is highly encouraged that you stay longer than the time necessary to file your application, if at all possible. Please note that there are additional considerations on how many times you can exit and enter the country, if you have already filed for your extended visa to stay for citizenship purposes. We wll advise you on this, if applicable.
- The translation of documents that are necessary for such Italian citizenship application and certification of such;
- The preparation of and filing of your residency application;
- The filing of your application for Italian citizenship;
- Accompaniment during all meetings with Italian officials;
- Interpreting (English <> Italian) during all meetings with Italian officials;
- Payment of the utility bills (water, gas, electricity) for the first three months of your citizenship process, as well as assistance in setting up and maintaining these services. This does not include the costs for telephone and internet service however we can advise you on these services;
- Subsequent to the filing of your citizenship application, Lo Schiavo Genealogica will make bi-weekly status checks on your non-renuncia requests. Italian nationality law requires that the town of application verify that your ancestors did not expressly renounce their citizenship at an Italian consulate. They must contact each consulate under whose jurisdiction your ancestors lived and receive negative responses before approving your citizenship application. These status checks will begin, 20 business days after the filing of your citizenship application. The client shall be informed of the results of each status check by email. It is the client’s responsibility to make sure that Lo Schiavo Genealogica has a valid email address for them at all times. Lo Schiavo Genealogica does not have control of the timing of the non-renuncia responses (i.e. how long it takes for the consulates to respond). On average, the requests are taking anywhere between 4 – 6 months. Therefore, Lo Schiavo Genealogica cannot guarantee completion by any particular date. Once the responses to your non-renuncia checks have been received and they are negative, Lo Schiavo Genealogica will work with town officials to have your application signed by the Mayor, your certificate of citizenship issued, and your documents transcribed.
Your application must be filed in one of the towns in Lo Schiavo Genealogica’s citizenship network. The client cannot choose the town in which the application is processed nor the accommodations. However, if there are specific needs for your accommodations, we will do our utmost to meet those needs. The accommodations will have a full, working kitchen and will be furnished.
In most cases, the client will be told in which Italian town their application will be processed at least two weeks prior to the beginning of their application process. However, in some cases, there may be last-minute changes for reasons that are not under the control of Lo Schiavo Genealogica. We work closely with each town in our citizenship network to make sure everything goes smoothly with your application.
($3000 must be paid at the signing of the contract. The remaining fee will be invoiced for in three equal monthly installments, beginning the month following the signing of the contract)
The quoted fee assumes all relevant documents are complete and apostilled. If you need help in gathering your documents, please see the section titled Documentation Preparation Packages.
Please note that attorney or court fees, if necessary to amend your documents for consistency, are not included.
LA DOLCE VITA PACKAGE
The La Dolce Vita package is for clients who desire a turn-key service which enables them to sit back and enjoy the sweet life while Lo Schiavo Genealogica does all the work! This package includes all services provided under the Cittadinanza Completo and Documentation Preparation packages, as well as several other services. Additional services include:
- Accommodations for up to four applicants (for six months, with the first three months rent and security deposit paid by Lo Schiavo Genealogica);
- All fees for the acquisition of documents, apostilles, and translations/certifications. This means that there are no additional costs for the gathering of your documents;
- Onsite assistance acquiring your passport and carte identità (Italian identification card) subsequent to approval of your citizenship application, plus any fees incurred to acquire these items;
- Assistance in arranging one unique experience during your stay, whether it be a tour, language class, cooking class, or another event of your choosing. Fees for said experience that are charged by other companies/individuals are the client’s responsibility;
- One dinner or lunch for all applicants at a restaurant in or near your town of application. Said restaurant will feature typical cuisine of the region.
Please note that attorney or court fees, if necessary to amend your documents for consistency, are not included.
Enjoy “la dolce vita” while Lo Schiavo Genealogica does all the work for you!! This is a great way to make your citizenship process as stress-free and enjoyable as possible!
($6000 must be paid at the signing of the contract. The remaining fee will be invoiced for in three equal monthly installments, beginning the month following the signing of the contract)
CITTADINANZA SOLO PACKAGE
If you already have residency in Italy and simply need someone to come and help you submit your citizenship application, we offer this service also. Pricing varies depending on how far your town of residence is from our main Italian office in the Bergamo province.
Please email for an estimate (Melanie@holtzresearch.com).
DOCUMENTATION PREPARATION PACKAGES
COMPLETE DOCUMENTATION PREPARATION PACKAGE
The document preparation package enables you to sit back and relax while we handle everything necessary to get your documentation ready. This is a popular option for the busy professional who has little time to work on their documentation!
The fee for the document preparation package does not include out-of-pocket fees, which can include, but is not limited to, document fees and apostille fees. Clients will be invoiced for any out-of-pocket fees once per month. Client agrees to pay such fees within 15 days of the receipt of the invoice. In the initial stages of the document preparation, please be aware that monthly expenses are normally higher. Depending on the jurisdiction which issues your documents, your signature may be needed on document applications or on a limited power of attorney, authorizing us to order documents on your behalf.
If it is determined that a document needs to be amended so that your citizenship application is successful (and legal assistance is required), then any legal and court fees are the client’s responsibility.
If a document is needed from a country other than Italy or the U.S., it may be necessary to subcontract a local researcher to acquire the document. The fees for said subcontracting would be the client’s responsibility. If this is necessary, the client shall be informed ahead of time.
The base fee for document preparation is due upfront. If, during the course of gathering your documentation, it is determined that you are not eligible for Italian dual citizenship then the following would apply. The time incurred (at $95 per hour) would be calculated and any remaining amount would be refunded to the client within 90 days.
DOCUMENTATION PREPARATION ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
This package includes unlimited assistance/advice by email or telephone while you work to prepare the documentation for your citizenship application (for a maximum time of two years). This is a popular option for the DIYr!!!
All out-of-pocket expenses (such as document fees, apostille fees, and translation/certification fees) will be incurred by and paid by the client. These fees will be invoiced for monthly. If it is determined that a document needs to be amended so that your citizenship application will be successful (and legal assistance is required), then the legal and court fees are the client’s responsibility.
If the client begins with this document preparation package and decides later that he/she wants to switch to the Complete Document Preparation Package, they can do so. In that instance, the client would be required to pay the additional $1,500 at the time of the requested change.
Adding Adult Family Members to your Application Process
The fee is for each extra adult applicant who applies at the same time and in the same town in Italy. This fee includes the additional cost of larger accommodations and the processing of the additional residency and citizenship applications.
The expenses incurred during the acquisition of the additional documentation will be invoiced monthly at our standard hourly rate of $95 plus expenses.
FEE: $750 per person (plus documentation acquisition fees and expenses, as detailed above, unless you’ve purchased the La Dolce Vita package)
Assistance Applying for an Italian Passport and Carte d’Identità (Italian Identification Card) in Italy (Subsequent to Application Completion)
This service includes helping you apply for your Italian passport and carte d’identità in Italy within the province of application. Client is responsible for any fees charged by the applicable offices, which include, but are not limited to, passport fees (approx. 180 euros) or carte d’identità fees (approx. 10 euros). Our fee includes only the time and petrol necessary to help you acquire these two items.
The approval of your citizenship application must be complete before these two items can be applied for. If you are not in Italy at the time of receipt, the passport can be sent to us and forwarded to you by DHL. The carte d’identità is usually available the same day. However, please note that Italy is evolving this process therefore changes should be expected.
FEE: $500 per person
Assistance Applying for an Extended Visa to Stay in Italy After 90-days
Americans are given an automatic 90-day visa for Italy. If you would like to stay longer than 90 days, you need to obtain a Permesso di Soggiorno Per Attesa Cittadinanza from the Questura (state police headquarters). This service includes assisting you in applying for your extended stay visa in Italy in the province of application. The client is responsible for any fees charged by the applicable offices and the necessary tax revenue stamps. Our fee includes only the time and petrol necessary to help you acquire the visa. This process usually requires several trips to the Questura.
FEE: $750 per adult
Please email Melanie Holtz at Melanie@holtzresearch.com or call us at 1–919-364‑8500!